Whole Grain Extra Virgen Olive Oil Mayo
This is a very flavorful mayo. Great for potato salads, sandwiches, deviled eggs.
Recipe type: Condiment
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of lemon rind
- ½ cup extra virgen olive oil
- ½ cup mild oil (I used vegetable)
- Put both oils in one container, this will make it easier to slowly poor it in.
- In a blender put the egg, salt, mustard, lemon rind, and vinegar. Close the top and open the little opening on top. I do not know what this is called officially.
- Start the blender on low and start pouring in the oils. Try to get a steady thin stream going.
- At the beginning it will seem like a sloppy mess. But keep going and, like magic, it will begin to thicken up towards the last few spoonfuls of oil. I like to let it go a few more seconds after the oil is done.
- You just made some fancy-shamncy homemade mayonnaise. Nailed it!!!