Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, hands down! Here are a few great spots in Kuwait where you can start your day right. These amazing breakfast spots are in no particular order, they are all equally delicious.
- Abou Johny:Traditional Lebanese breakfast in the cutest of settings. This small restaurant has the charm and charisma of a small Lebanese town with the flavors and dishes of a funky downtown Beirut eatery. Must try the eggplant fatteh, the manaeesh, and egg dishes. (Weekends get a little busy, make reservations if you are a big group).
- Dar Hamad: Kuwaiti breakfast in a chic and modern setting. A classy breakfast matched perfectly to the restaurant’s beautiful interior. Must try the balaleet, eggs paramount, queema with yogurt, and halloumi pot.
- BE Cafe : Vegan breakfast at its finest. Be Cafe is unapologetically vegan and proud of it. The dishes are so good, you won’t even miss the meat. Must try their smoothie bowls, kombucha, jackfruit wrap, all their fresh juice.
- Madison & Heig: Bistro bakery breakfast inside the bakery. Bright, fresh, and clean; both the food and the restaurant. Delicious breakfast favorites with a twist and a bread basket. Must try egg dishes and breads.
- Cocoa Room: Fancy breakfast in an even fancier restaurant. Delicious breakfast items served in beautiful plates, beautifully plated. Cocoa Room might be fancy, but it is definitely not stuffy; it is warm and welcoming. Perfect for a leisurely weekend breakfast with friends or a solo breakfast while you enjoy the dancing water fountains. Must try their brisket hash, avocado toast, and sizzling halloumi. Try to resist their pastries, I dare you.
- Mais Alghanim: Traditional Lebanese breakfast by the water. Mais is located right on Arabian Gulf Road with an unobstructed view of the beach. Here you can breakfast and shisha at the same time. Must try their eggplant fatteh, baked feta, spinach wrap.
- Magnet: Healthy breakfast, fresh juices, and sinful desserts. Magnet is a cafe you can literally spend all day in. You can go the healthy route with a tropical fruit salad and follow that up with a salted caramel almond cheesecake to even things out.
- Véranda: Luxury dining in a mall. The concept might seem contradictory but Veranda is just that. Located atop Harvey Nichols, this restaurant is a cocoon amidst the hussle and bustle of the Avenues Mall. The sleekly modern interior is the perfect place to rest and recharge with local dishes, Lebanese favorites and new creations.
- Baker and Spice: Artisanal, seasonal bistro food with the a homemade feeling. Sustainable and locally sourced cooking that is as delicious as it is ethical. Baker & Spice is hardy food that you can feel good about. Must try their seasonal salads and baked goods.
- Meem Cafe: Lebanese breakfast with a funky twist. Meem is the perfect blend of traditional goodness and modern excitement. It is Mediterranean ingredients mixed up in new and fun ways.
- Hayahay: Filipino restaurant.
- Paul’s Bakery : Cafe/bakery, many locations.
- Gia: Coffee shop/restaurant.
- Dean & Deluca: Gourmet shop/restaurant.
- Bateel Cafe: Date shop/cafe.
- Pain Quotidien: Cafe/bakery, many locations.